Get Sober Help

Sunday, July 10, 2005

An Alcoholics Story

"All was fine and cozy in my loving family and in myself as a young child, but as I began to get a little older, things began to happen inside of myself. It began with hearing whispered conversations that contained my name. I don't recall all of the things that were said, but one I do remember was, "It was the fever she had, that's why she is the way she is". I remember times when I got a bad grade and my parents would say, "why can't you be more like Deni and David?"
During that time of my childhood, I built two new rooms onto my home. One was called, "confusion" and the other called, "worthless." I would go into these rooms when I was troubled with myself and try to piece together what it was that was wrong with me. I never found the answer and maybe there never was a question, but it must have been built next to my "comfotable with me" room because even though I felt worthless, I knew that I wasn't."
Read Full Story
This story was copied with permision from Gramma Mae. Thank you ......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home