Get Sober Help

Monday, July 11, 2005

Your not alone

If youve been reading over my previous posts and your still here, something must have caught your attention. I'm glad. It may some day save your life. Did you know that out of the millions and millions of alcoholics in the world, only three percent ever quit and never drink again? Some might say, "wow! the odds are really against me!"
I look at it like this. If you are able to quit, and completely recover (meaning you never drink again) then you are, by some miracle, in a very elite group.
What a gift! It's important to know that you are not the only one out there with this disease. It's also VERY important that you realize that you are NOT the only person that has made some very very bad mistakes. We all have. I once thought I'd done some of the most terrible things imaginabe while I was drinking. Surly, no one had been as bad as I. I soon found out through talking to other alcoholics, that other folks had done things as bad, even worse. Far worse as a matter of fact. It's true. No matter what youve done, no matter how meen you were/are when you drink, no matter what dispicable, immoral, or unlawfull acts youve commited ... your not alone.
As alcoholics we have had a warped sense of judgement. All of us. Thats what alcohol does to a person. So please, quit feeling sorry for yourself, quit beating yourself up over what youve done in the past, and start thinking of the future. Theres hope for you. And help. There is a way you can rid yourself of these past actions for good. And make sure you never make those mistakes again. Step one is deciding youve had enough. Alcohol has controlled your life for far too long. It's time you you took back control of your life! Make that decision and your already on your way to fixing many broken things.
If youd like to find out more, visit the links on my main page. If you know you need help, and need it now, theres some twentyfour hour hotlines available in those links right under the picture of the man with the bottle. That picture describes how I was ... And mabye how you feel right now. Feel free to leave a comment by clicking on "comments" right below this post. If you have a question, I'll try to awnser you in my next update. (I update this blog daily). If I dont have an awnser, I'll point you in the right direction. I have many friends and collegues that are very experianced in the subject of alcoholism. Thanks for stopping by today.

3 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am browsing the internet in search of sites that have success stories from people who have stopped drinking. I felt compelled to write a comment here since the only other two comments were not very positive, other than the author's of course. I want to quit drinking. I wake up every single morning feeling terrible and promise myself I will not drink again, until about 4:00, the end of the work day is near and I look forward to going home, having a drink - which leads to several. I drink EVERY nite. I dont think I have missed a nite of drinking in over a year, and before that I was drinking "regularly". My health, not to mention my looks, are fading fast and I am desparate for help.

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the same thing today... i am glad that I found this site... i wanna quit but I don't know how... i just can't turn to family or friends cause i feel ashamed to admit that i have a problem... and to be honest it scares me... i took the online test and realized that i have been lying to myself... please keep up this site it is inspirational and helpful

 
At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am overwhelmed with this horrible addiction - that has literally destroyed my identity, my self worth , my relation with my children - they know but dont have the courage to comfront me - and I am thankful for that because it would be a catalyst of whats left of my self esteem - which is nil. I dont want to go to Rehab for I cant face my children if I did but I do need help to get sober and stay sober.....Any Suggestions?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home