Get Sober Help

Saturday, September 17, 2005

The new addition.

My grand daughter was born Saturday, Aug 27. She was six pounds eight ounces and very healthy. Holding her in the hospital at less than twenty four hours old, looking down on her tiny face her little hands... The almost indecernible little smile that came when I gently brushed her arm with my finger while she slept. I realized how completly and utterly small I was. For many years my days were centered around myself. I wanted everything my way. I wanted people to act like I expected. I wanted the world to revolve for me alone. But this. This little girl, this miracle, this is life. Beauty. Unconditional love. Trust. I was drunk when my first daughter was born. I thank God that I was sober for this. When I talked about by years as an alcoholic father with my daughter the other day, I told her I knew that Id hurt her in many ways. I know there were times she was afraid, hurt, angry. I told her I wanted to set it right if I could. How could I make right the wrongs of so many years?
She smiled softly, looked me in the eyes, and said "just be a good grand daddy".
I will be the best one I can.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Personal Guide to Personal-Finance Blogs
OTHER FREE FEATURES Leaf Blowers: Quiet, Please To placate the neighbors, manufacturers are turning out a new breed of leaf blowers that are quieter and more ecofriendly, but still pack plenty of power.
Greetings,
I just came accross your site while surfing blogs.
I like it.
I just got myself a blog account ##long distance## site blog. It covers ##long distance## related topics.
Hope you will visit my blog and give critique once I get it all together.
Untill then, good surfing.
Lak

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Please ignore the idiots that are spamming my blog with advertisements. What a sick world when someone tries to take advantage of a service oriented site like this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home