Get Sober Help

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Is there life after booze?

Yesterday I grilled out. First time in two years. It only makes sense, we drank while we did EVERTHING... so now every thing seems different. Yeh, two years ago I thought life as I knew it was over. If I couldnt drink, well then I couldnt go camping... cause you GOTTA drink when you camp... and a BBQ wasnt a BBQ without gettin smashed. Booze made a good movie better... and so on and so on....The simple fact is this... I drank when I did everything. Without drinking, I can still do those things, I just need a replacement for booze. The only replacement that works for me is a more spiritual way of life. I learned a new attitude towards life, and the things in life. Ive learned to do many of the things I used to do without being drunk, and Ive learned they are still fun. Imagine that. All those things I used to love... guess what . THEY never changed a bit. It was the way I looked at things that changed. It does get better... ALOT better. Once you change your attitudes and thoughts about the world around you. I did loose interest in just a few things completly, those were some of the more childish, time wasting, useless and irresponsible habbits that came with my disease. Like sitting around watching TV for eight hours a day. I now spend my spare time trying to be productive in society. I dont miss acting like a child a bit....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home